Baldwin was made
standard in 1931. The present enrollment is twenty-six.
For the past three years Mrs. Edna Chambers has been
employed as teacher. The school board members are: Mrs.
Daisy B. Corlett, Harry E. Lewis, and Geo. W. Baringer.
On October 7, 1876
an acre of ground was deeded to district 33 by Elzear
Baldwin. On this plot a school house was built, with
windows on each side. The stove was in the center of the
room. The support for the chimney was built from the
floor and was quite an obstruction. Everyone drank from
a water bucket with a dipper.
After 35 or 40
years another house was erected. This was also the old
type with cross lights and a stove in the center of the
room. On December 30, 1929 this building burned. It was
replaced by the present modern building which consists
of inside coal bin, built-in book cases and lunch pail
cupboards. A bubbler drinking fountain has taken the
place of the water bucket. A three stall garage has been
provided for the teacher and pupils. The lawn has been
landscaped by some of the patrons of the district and
Chinese elms and cedars have been painted for shade and