CAMBRIDGE RURAL HIGH SCHOOL
On April 9, 1917, the people of Windsor Township voted
to organize a Rural High School which was was to be
situated at Cambridge. On June 17, the first school
board meeting was held and work was started on the
building. Although it was not quite completed the
building was dedicated on Thanksgiving Day 1917.
The first team of school started in
September 1918 with one teacher, Mrs. Snow and five
pupils. The first class was graduated in 1921, and
consisted of one pupil, Mrs. Lila Gailen-Pittman. In
1923 a junior high school was organized with the high
school. The enrollment the first year was fifteen. Mr.
Roy Darlington was the first Junior High School Teacher.
Starting with one teacher,
Cambridge High School has gradually increased until now
there are six members to the faculty.
The present faculty consists of O. N. Maddux, Principal;
G. O. Waston, Industrial Arts and Coaching; Gladys
English; Madge Hildreth, Home Economics; Helen Breising,
Music; and Gladys Kuykendall, Junior High School
The present school board consists of Noah Beamer, E. O.
Dwyer, and Walter Hillier.