In 1872 thirty-six
dollars were paid for a house and land for the Oak Grove
school district. At that time the school house was
located one mile north and one-half mile east of the
The present grounds
were purchased in 1883 and a school house building was
erected at a cost of four hundred dollars. This building
was used until 1924 when a two-room brick building with
a basement was erected.
In 1926 Oak Grove
became Standard and in 1929 was made Superior. Effie
Burnett and Alice Kirkpatrick have been employed as
teachers for the past four years. The enrollment is
about seventy-five. The members of the school board are:
Irl A. Godfrey, Earl Hunt, and R. W. Beeks.