Guthrie has been a
standard school since October, 1916. It was made into a
two-room school in 1931. Since that time the largest
enrollment has been fifty-eight and the smallest
The school has
always entered the county fair. This year they won third
place in the exhibits. They have always taken an active
part in the county basketball and athletic contests.
They have taken part in the Arkalalah at Arkansas City
and their float has placed first for two years. Each
room has a Citizenship Club. The children enjoy this
work very much. The P. T. A. was organized three years
ago and has been very beneficial to the school.
Vada Broderson in
teaching her fifth year in the district and Elizabeth
Bricker her second year. The school board members are:
W. J. McCormick, Sam O. Newman, and E. F. Arnett.