During the early
making of Central Kansas, near the year of 1886, there
was built a little frame school house which was named
after a creek nearby, known as Sand Creek. The little
frame school house, although being struck by lightning
and hit by several storms, stood until 1926 when it was
replaced by the present two-room brick building.
enrollment of 93 was during the Churchill oil boom. The
present enrollment is about fifty. The school received
its Superior rating in May, 1931, and retains that
rating at this time. The school is known for its beauty
and landscaped grounds. Sand Creek has always taken an
active part in the county contests and has won several
For the past two
years the school has been taught by Richard and Ermyl
Brooks. The present school board members are: Ed. H.
Buss, Chas. Lipperd, and G. B. Trautwein.